The Day Before the Procedure
Follow all instructions that were given by the scheduling physician’s office. You will not be allowed to drive after the procedure, please confirm your ride to and from the facility. Call the facility or physician’s office if you need to clarify any questions.
The Day of the Procedure
- Please arrive at the OTSC at the time you were given (approx. 30 minutes before your scheduled procedure)
- You can expect to be here for approximately 2 hours.
- Please remove contact lenses prior to your arrival.
- You must have a responsible adult available to drive you home after the procedure as you will receive medication/anesthesia that will make you drowsy. Failure to have a ride may result in the procedure being canceled or postponed.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property. You will be asked to remove all piercing and/or any jewelry.
- Bring a complete list of all your medications with you, both prescription and non-prescription.
- All female patients of childbearing age will be required to provide a urine sample for pregnancy testing.
After the Procedure / Next Day
- When the Procedure is over you will be taken to the recovery area where you will be monitored.
- Once you are fully recovered you will be discharged to a responsible adult to return home.
- Written instructions will be reviewed with you by a RN prior to discharge to answer any questions or concerns.
- Once you return home follow the physicians instructions regarding diet, rest, medication & activities.
- It is not uncommon to feel sleepy, lightheaded, and even dizzy after the procedure. Rest is therefore important.
- No alcoholic beverages, driving, operating any type of machinery, signing important documents or vigorous exercise until the following day.
- If you experience any severe pain, bleeding, nausea, vomiting or fever notify your physician immediately. If you cannot reach your physician go to the nearest emergency room.
- A nurse from the Oak Tree Surgery Center will call you within 24 hours to see how you are feeling and to answer any questions you may have.